Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Romance is dead. (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

A cliche line, but unfortunately all too true.
Conversations go unread,
feelings never felt, honestly
what do we expect.
When they’d rather send a text,
to tell you how they felt.
Gone are letter days or even a phone
call to tell you about it all.
Take risks call them ,
tell them how you feel instead
of hiding behind a computer screen.
God forbid just fucking meet them,
anything but a lifeless digital relationship.
I know there must be some sort of underground community,
where people are still writing love letters on paper and lips touching lips.

Romance is not dead.

J.

Last edited:

ritudimrinautiyal

A cliche line, but unfortunately all too true.Conversations go unread, feelings never felt, honestly what do we expect.
When they’d rather send a text,
to tell you how they felt.
Gone are letter days or even a phone call to tell you about it all , take risks call them , tell them how you feel instead of hiding behind a computer screen.
God forbid just fucking meet them, anything but a lifeless digital relationship , I know there must be some sort of underground community, where people are still writing love letters on paper and lips touching lips.

Romance is not dead.

J.
Gosh!! we are so much digitally occupied, it's hard to distinguish between real, natural feeling and the market generated desires, everything just at the surface, nothing deep inside.
Thanks for sharing here
Ritu

Jk_Sl

Gosh!! we are so much digitally occupied, it's hard to distinguish between real, natural feeling and the market generated desires, everything just at the surface, nothing deep inside.
Thanks for sharing here
Ritu

Thank you,
It’s quite alarming isn’t it, not just kids but adults would rather send a short message while watching more useless content, causing more disconnect than ever.
And this is how children are being shaped into media driven soulless robots.
And somehow they are to be our future.
Thanks again.

J.

ritudimrinautiyal

Thank you,
It’s quite alarming isn’t it, not just kids but adults would rather send a short message while watching more useless content, causing more disconnect than ever.
And this is how children are being shaped into media driven soulless robots.
And somehow they are to be our future.
Thanks again.

J.

Exactly.

Ritu

2020Syd2020

Hello,

I really like the conceit behind this piece, it is very timely and very much of the current way in which we all have been forced to interact with each other. From tinder to zoom this is the new normal I guess.

Personally I would play around with the long lineation, I don’t think it adds anything to the piece, I think you could improve the pacing by using shorter lines.

Cheers

Syd

Jk_Sl

Hello,

I really like the conceit behind this piece, it is very timely and very much of the current way in which we all have been forced to interact with each other. From tinder to zoom this is the new normal I guess.

Personally I would play around with the long lineation, I don’t think it adds anything to the piece, I think you could improve the pacing by using shorter lines.

Cheers

Syd

Hi,

Thank you very much.
I see what you mean about the long piece.
I’ll take that into consideration.
Very much the current unfortunate situation.
I know it can’t be helped in many ways.
Maybe we could send each other letters sealed with wax in the post. Add something personal that’s missing today, just anything to keep life interesting and more personal.

J.