Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

richard preston - do you like him? (1 Viewer)

Avarice

I've got two of his books, hes virtually the only author who writes about bio weapons so he really has that bit of the fear fiction market covered but my God, dont tell me if he posted on this site typing things like:

The Colonel Jaaxes had a water bed, where they spent a lot of
time. Jaime got into her pajama and curled up on the water bed next to
Nancy and fell asleep again.
Nancy and Jerry read books in bed for a while. The bedroom had
red wallpaper and a balcony that overlooked the town.

You wouldnt kill him? I mean hes not even trying to write it at all, hes like a tax return.

So yes, do you like him or hate him? And do you know any other writers like him? That can, you know, write?

220volt

"Cobra Event" is one of my favorite books of all time. Scared the crap out of me when I read it. I think he writes better then his more succesfull brother Douglas, even tough I like Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child as a collaboration much better then Richard Preston.