Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Richard Brautigan (1 Viewer)

D

Dr. Malone

Beautiful, sobbing
high-geared fucking
and then to lie silently
like deer tracks in the
freshly-fallen snow beside
the one you love.
That's all.

Wow. Good stuff.

Beautiful, sobbing
high-geared fucking
and then to lie silently
like deer tracks in the
freshly-fallen snow beside
the one you love.
That's all.

Wow. Good stuff.

Yeah.
His was the first poetry I enjoyed reading.
He published a few books, too.
Truly amazing. He keeps the same style from his poetry
In his story telling.
He's my favorite writer.
Can't really explain it, ya know?

D

Dr. Malone

I'm reading some of his Trout Fishing in America book. Very good. You're write, he definitely straddles poetry and fiction in a wonderful way. I love the ideas he has. Staying with unemployed burglars and dogs barking loud enough to raise grumbling dead. Great stuff. Again, thanks for bringing him to my attention. I like this kind of stuff and it's always great to find new writers I can actually admire for being daring and orginal.

My favorite poem by him is called Unknown Dreamer

Someday
I believe
(and soon)
We should erect
A fragile monument
For the unknown dreamer
Because
He was more important
Than soldiers

Linton Robinson

You gotta love a guy with a book entitled "In Watermelon Sugar My Days Are Done As My Life Is Done In Watermelon Sugar".

Not very Bukowski-esque by any means. He was seen as the hippie-antinovelist. In fact a contemporary reviewer once said, "In the future people will probably write 'Brautigans' instead of novels."

I wish it were true. I'd be famous, too.

You gotta love a guy with a book entitled "In Watermelon Sugar My Days Are Done As My Life Is Done In Watermelon Sugar".

Not very Bukowski-esque by any means. He was seen as the hippie-antinovelist. In fact a contemporary reviewer once said, "In the future people will probably write 'Brautigans' instead of novels."

I wish it were true. I'd be famous, too.

The Abortion was pure gold.
I actually teared up a little
During the sex part...
He just wrote it so beautifully.

And another book
I think it was called
"American Dust"
If you've read it, you'll understand this:
I tried doing an oral report of this book in English last year
Like, making it up on the spot. XD