Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Recommended reading (1 Viewer)

R

Richie.S

As to recommended reading I’ve come across a new book, on the Internet, that suits my tastes in one vein, and that is the stories contained within it are everything I enjoy. One interesting thing about this book is that between the stories there are poems. I’m not usually interested in poems but these ones not only split up the stories but they seem to be attached to the stories in some way that can’t be described. For me this has made the whole book that much more enjoyable. Don’t take my word for it, have a look at the book’s website and decide for yourself. I must admit that when I bought it, it wasn’t apparent that poetry was included; however I think I will be looking at more poetry from now on.
If you want to check out the book I would recommend checking out the book’s website, it is http://www.sinister-anthology.co.uk.

gohn67

As to recommended reading I’ve come across a new book, on the Internet, that suits my tastes in one vein, and that is the stories contained within it are everything I enjoy.
Can you be more specific about what you enjoy reading or what the stories are about? It could be something that interests me, but it's kind of vague the way you have written it.

Stewart

Richie.S said:
I must admit that when I bought it, it wasn’t apparent that poetry was included
The second line of the page states:

Six stories, seven poems, thirteen reasons to be disturbed.
What part of 'seven poems' wasn't apparent to you?

But, since the book is by notorious self-publishing company Trafford (and has only just become available), what interests me more is, especially based on your other post on self-publishing, which one of the 'anonymous' stories/poems is yours?

R

Richie.S

Yeah, I've been vague. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. You're absolutely right. I think I'm so happy about my purchase that I forgot to make the required point.
This book, and I'm seriously interested in new comers, includes such different writing styles it is a joy to read. Mainly because I'm not stuck with a style I don't like, although all the styles in this particular book I enjoy.
As to your question about the specifics, I've not finished the whole book yet but, it isn't horror per se, it's not terror either. From what I've read so far it really appears to be an amalgam of everyday life and peculiarness. (If there is such a word). Apart from the title, I'm not really sure where to place it, especially due to the fact that it has poems in the same theme as the stories as well.
I hope this helps, but I still feel I've been vague.

R

Richie.S

To Stewart:
I can safely say none of the stuff is mine. But your observations do beg questions. To answer those it is very simple; I do know one of the people involved and this is one reason I bought the book, however I would not have bought it if I thought it was rubbish. I don't have the money to waste. And my friend knows that and I'm sure he would be mortified if he thought his work was only being purchased due to association and not validity.
And as to "seven poems" I was just given the link where to buy it from and am not sure what you're quoting from.
I hope this doesn't denigrate my friends efforts to get published.

R

Richie.S

Additionally, all I got from my mate, from the beginning, is this link www.trafford.com/06-1378 . I was asked to include in any posts I made about the book the sinister link. That’s it.

Stewart

Richie.S said:
I would not have bought it if I thought it was rubbish.
You should have read the previews on the site you're linking to. The poor quality is obvious.

And as to "seven poems" I was just given the link where to buy it from and am not sure what you're quoting from.

I'm quoting from the page you are linking to. Sheesh!

As for the second link you've given, it's there again:

Seven stories, seven poems, by eight original authors, each piece leaving you in no doubt that that there is something sinister going on behind the scenes.

jungle women

you guys didnt have to attack him he recommended you guys a book on a site you guys thought it was of low quality.fine.attacking him was not fine.

Stewart

jungle women said:
you guys didnt have to attack him he recommended you guys a book on a site you guys thought it was of low quality.fine.attacking him was not fine.
Firstly, nobody has been attacked. Don't know where you got that from.

Secondly, there's a difference between recommending a product and hawking one. As the guy has said, this is an example of the latter. It has no place here. It belongs in the advertising forum, perhaps with a degree of honesty.