Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Recommended Books (1 Viewer)

Saffron

I have two books I think are definately worth reading.

One is Tokyo by Mo Hayder, which has just recently come out. I think she's an excellent writer, and the plot of the story is brilliant and really original. It taught me a lot, which is definately the mark of a good book in my view. It's a thriller, and a bit graphic in parts. Overall an excellent read!

The other is The Anvil of Ice by Michael Scott Rohan, which I picked up in London a couple of days ago. I couldn't put it down. It's the first book in a series, and I'll definately be buying his other books soon. It's fantasy, and he has a wonderful, descriptive writing style, a little like Tolkien. I'd definately recommend this to any fantasy fan, it's an enjoyable read.

Rob

Recent Favourites

I thoroughly enjoyed Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet In Heaven. It's an easy read, and wonderfully well written.

Also, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Such a beautiful story, and a great idea.

For shorts, I read Bernhard Schlink's collection, Flights of Love. Believable characters woven into interesting plots.

I'm currently reading David Mitchell's Ghostwritten and so far, about a hundred pages in, I'm hugely impressed by the quality of the writing; it really is marvellous.

Cheers,
Omni

M

mikey1990

What are the books like for reading Saffron ? I mean i recently tried to read the da vinnci code and found it boring because it was sort of "to hard" :roll: but are these books easy or not ?

I read the Davinci Code a few months ago and thought it was excellent. I think that type of book is more of an aquiered taste thing, not a level of difficulty thing.

I just finished The Count of Monte Cristo, and found it interesting, and surprising simple, (unless I missed some of the points) the only thing I didn't like was many of the characters had aliases.

Um, I like a variety of books, books by Iris Johanson and Tami Hoag I really enjoy.