Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Reclaiming my creative outlet (1 Viewer)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Jim and welcome to WF. Have you started writing your novel yet or just looking for inspiration?

Looking for inspiration? Have you checked out the author interviews? Many of the authors are WF members.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum, Jim. You will find lots of creative buddies and great exchanges here. I look forward to hearing some of your thoughts and ideas about writing. What type of things do you like to write?

Jimmy Co

Hi Jim and welcome to WF. Have you started writing your novel yet or just looking for inspiration?

Looking for inspiration? Have you checked out the author interviews? Many of the authors are WF members.
Hi,
Yes. Novel # 1 has begun. My goal is to publish it before my birthday, September 21.

Can anyone recommend a resource or resources about how to write/format dialogue?
Thanks,
Jim

Jimmy Co

Welcome to the forum, Jim. You will find lots of creative buddies and great exchanges here. I look forward to hearing some of your thoughts and ideas about writing. What type of things do you like to write?
Hi, thank you for the warm welcome. I am currently writing about suspense, mystery, and family life.
I am struggling a bit about dialogue formatting. Any suggestions of available resources?

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi, thank you for the warm welcome. I am currently writing about suspense, mystery, and family life.
I am struggling a bit about dialogue formatting. Any suggestions of available resources?
My suggestion would be to pose a question on the Writing Discussion. That will get you your answers and get people to know you in the community. :)

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Hi,
Yes. Novel # 1 has begun. My goal is to publish it before my birthday, September 21.

Can anyone recommend a resource or resources about how to write/format dialogue?
Thanks,
Jim
There is a blog on the subject here in our Hints and Tips forum:

Jimmy Co

There is a blog on the subject here in our Hints and Tips forum:

Thank you vranger. This was very helpful.
How do I get some feedback on my current work in progress?