Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Rear View (1 Viewer)

Mickd

the echo of blossoms in bloom.
Their pink florets - a fable’s genesis.
I see them all – all in the rear view.
The promise of summer and morning dew
little lies that become so serious.

Watch the sunrise setting in a lilac sky,
Its splendor squandered by the western view.
So quiet is the hour before the night,
The familiar changing - colored with a darker hue.
Wine and saccharin - comfort in the twilight.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
This is lovely ;) Your imagery paints a perfect picture...I love the "rear view"... it makes a cool metaphor in so many ways... clever of you to use that...

Mickd

Thanks for the feedback Fire! I know it takes a great deal of effort to extrapolate the meaning from a poem, especially when it was written by a novice. Your comments encourage me to learn more and strive to get better. Thanks again for taking the time!!

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
You are completely welcome ;), I am looking forward to reading more of your work.... you call yourself a "novice"... but this poem shows a lot of skill and creativity....

Namyh

Mickey - Makes one look thru the "Rear View" mirror of one's own life. This has a visual impact which I enjoyed. Namyh

Users who are viewing this thread