Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Quite Happy To Be Here (1 Viewer)

I don't really know what to say about my self. I recently joined the Air Force. I've been writing sporadically since I was in third grade. In third grade I wrote my first short story, titled "Arachnophobia," which I have since lost. I pretty much didn't write again until eighth grade, where I started writing poetry. Freshman and sophomore years of high school I did no more writing than school required, save a few songs here and there. Junior year is when I really started writing a lot, especially when I joined my high school's Poetry Club, where I started writing a lot of songs and poetry, which continues to now. My freshman year of college I was told by my Composition Professor that I "have a great voice" and should pursue writing as a career if I enjoyed it. I've written multiple non-fiction papers for him which he "throughly enjoyed" and "always read my papers first." I guess that was the push I needed to pursue a writing career. I decided the Air Force was the best way to go, since they would pay for my college to get my English Degree, plus pay me a salary while I attend, in exchange for four years of my life. So here I am. I leave for basic training on October 16th, 2007.

If you have any questions please ask.

Users who are viewing this thread