Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Quick Question (1 Viewer)

Dresdor

I'm potentially getting a TV screen writer's job, but my problem is that it is a new field to me. I've written scripts before, but never one that required a careful attention to length. The series is based on 1 hour episodes, with commercials (so I'm assuming about 40-45 minutes of real story for the script, more of which can get cut out if they need more commercials).

How do I gauge the length in time of the script?

valeca

Patron
1 page = approx. 1 minute-1.5 minutes.

Although, I'm a bit surprised at the question. If you're 'potentially getting a TV screen writer's job', you'd already know the answer to this question. It's not like screenwriters (one word) are just hired randomly off the streets. Am I correct in guessing this is for Starpol?

Dresdor

I know how to write a script, and I'm very familiar with TV productions, I've just never had to gauge how long in real time my scripts were, hence the question.

And no, the gig is not through anyone on this forum, it's through an independant production company. Thank you for your response.

Kimba

valeca said:
E-mails tell a different story. ;) Either way, I wish you all the best with the pitch!

Sorry for causing any confusion. :) However, recruitment will commence as soon as I finish writing the character bible. :D

Users who are viewing this thread