Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Question on IngramSparks Royalties (1 Viewer)

My book is almost 500 pages, so their print charge is a little over $10. I know it is set up with a price and a discount. However, what I do not understand is how much of the difference between the price after the discount and the print charges do I get?

Amazon charges about $6.50 to print my book and I get 60% of the difference between the Amazon price and the print costs. What percent of what is remaining after the discount and the printing costs do I get on IngramSparks?

I want to know this to set pricing correctly. Also, can I change the price on IngramSparks once I publish the book?

Ralph Rotten

Staff member
Mentor
You know you can buy author copies through Amazon...and they are quite a bit cheaper than buying them retail.
Although I have several books on Ingram, I have never used them for author copies.

Why are you only getting 60% from Amazon?

You know you can buy author copies through Amazon...and they are quite a bit cheaper than buying them retail.
Although I have several books on Ingram, I have never used them for author copies.

Why are you only getting 60% from Amazon?

I know the author's copies on Amazon are cheaper, but IngramSparks markets to bookstores. I am interested in how the royalties work on sales to bookstores.

On Amazon, I get 60% of what is left after printing costs. Do you get more? Amazon pays 70% on ebooks. Mine is paperback only for various reasons.