Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Puma's Puzzle (1 Viewer)

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Puma's Puzzle

There is elusive magic
in their impossibility

stones heavy as
the long extinct
glyptodon

head and shoulders
above the giant
megatherium

along the mountain pass

footprints that draw glyphs
only unknown gods can see

because we do not know how
places like the puma's puzzle
came to stand and be

some claim humans too simple
to have the abilities to build
that only those from away
know the secrets needed

but a constant of mortal folly
is a continual, willful destruction
of knowledge by narrow minds

such is Puma's Puzzle

and the forgotten enigmas
hidden on the Dragon Spine

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
I am puzzled by "Puma's Puzzle"...;) I googled "Puma's Puzzle" and found multi-colored sneakers/tennis shoes...

Your poem is intriguing and hauntingly lovely...5th stanza " footprints that draw glyphs that only unknown gods can see", is without a doubt, one of your best uses of imagery, and you have many, many lovely poems where your imagery is off the charts... this has all the mystery and magnificence of the Sphinx, the Pyramids and Stonehenge all together, but it still feels... different, spiritual... something "other"....

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Puma punku, the Nazca Lines, and so many lesser known sites along the Andes...so much history lost. I've been rereading Graham Hancock in recent weeks.

Last edited:

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Puma punku, the Nazca Lines, and so many lesser known sites along the Andes...so much history lost. I've been rereading Graham Hancock in recent weeks.

Ahhhh, I have been fascinated by the Nazca lines for a few years... I watched a documentary about them, and was so intrigued that many of the same drawings, like the "space man" have been found in different parts of the world, and they are thought to be thousands of years old, so the question was... how could the same figures appear, when there wasn't any travel between the continents....and some of the drawings are huge, as if to be viewed from high above.... anyway, I love your poem ;)