Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Puhpowee: (1 Viewer)

dannyboy

Friends of WF
They make their own wind to send children
out into the world
thrive in electrical storms
have their own force that pushes them
to emerge ready to be seen every morning
some can bend the mind
form miniature circles and amphitheaters
provide shelter and shade

and all the while we think of apples falling
an atom’s dance
and a cat that’s neither here nor there

while failing to see powers that create
as they feed on radioactive waste
and dream of one single forest again.

apple

WF Veterans
I feel the poems you've written lately are almost like a prayer. Gratitude and wonder and respect for our magical earth and it's giving intention to always return to us. And within, a poignant, sad, cry to remember that all life needs love and nourishment. It is a beautiful poem, Danny.
Are your handprints in those ancient caves? I will bet that you were a Shaman in a past life.

a

2020Syd2020

Hello,

I agree with both previous commentators.

What I find so appealing about this piece is the way in which the speaker articulates this concern for the planet and the nourishment that life needs, without feeling didactic. It’s as subtle as it is powerful.

Cheers

Syd

dannyboy

Friends of WF
Thank you, Foxee and Syd. Yes that work blew me away, its a beautiful word and a beautiful thought. I feel finally, after all these years trying that maybe, just maybe, I am beginning to understand "the light touch".