Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

PUDDING (A Haiku) (1 Viewer)

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
a cute piece of short poetry about pudding. But this is not haiku, not even a variation of it. It's just a description of yellow fluffy sweet and deliciously delectable jellied piece of pudding in it's solid state. A good description in short poetry form.

Haiku is about nature in all it forms, through imagery, slice of life moments and cuts, which are slightly related to the first two front or middle lines. These cuts can contain paradox, opposite imagery, and so on . Senryu is similar, but it's involves more of the human condition, it use political social elements that use humor, satire, and other elements. The japenese way is 5-7-5 syllable count. The english it varies 4-3-4 or in a similar vein. Variations follow these patterns but all involve snapshots, through use of imagery not descriptions.

Go to nuts and bolts there are discussions and descriptions on what is haiku and senryu.

ladygarmadone17

I figured as much that it wasn’t haiku, despite the title, that was merely me being unsure whether or not this poem could be a haiku or as you already said, a short poem?

Pardon for the confusion. Now if only I knew how to edit the title of a piece on here once it’s published. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ladygarmadone17

Unfortunately I didn’t see the edit button, when I went to the advanced settings. Must be because I use an iOS rather than an actual computer. My apologies. [emoji28]

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
You cannot change the title, that is impossible unfortunately. Only in the window where you edit your poem, you can change the name of your poem :)

ladygarmadone17

It doesn’t show the title name even in the edit window;just the reason for correction and the poem itself. Still u appreciate you and Bob for trying

*sighs* Ik my actions have consequences but I didn’t expect this to be it. [emoji17]