Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Psychological horror/thriller (but not super horror-y) but feel good at the same time? (1 Viewer)

wild

Is this possible?
I’m trying to write a story about a little girl who‘s trapped in a creepy place, filled with creepy people (so like a metaphor for the female life 😂, it’s fantasy though, the creepy peeps are more creepy creatures) and it’s kind of connected to the human mind, and also dreams, and also I’m kinda idea vomiting.
Sorry about this mess.
Anyways I want people to be able to feel this in their soul? If that makes sense? Because the ending and how the story plays out is supposed to be suspenseful and be a psychological thriller/horror, but also have a light feeling. Like it’s superrrr not realistic, but people can find themselves connecting to it?
And kind of (hopefully at least) feeling freer?
Idk if my point is getting across, but if it is could you let me know if you think it could be done?
Thanks