Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Proust (1 Viewer)

Buddy Glass

It's well worth it. A reading experience like no other. Proust writes some of the most consistently beautiful and lyrical prose you could possibly imagine. It's really a shame nobody reads it these days.

Buddy Glass

The famous scene in the beginning of Swann's Way has merrited psychology in that it is often linked to the concept of involuntary memory in which past memories are evoked without conscious effort, often by a certain smell or taste. It's an interesting and recurring theme throughout the novel. It's also referred to as 'Proustian memory'.

Patrick

WF Veterans
It's well worth it. A reading experience like no other. Proust writes some of the most consistently beautiful and lyrical prose you could possibly imagine. It's really a shame nobody reads it these days.

Let's get this straight. You've read everything by Joyce; everything by a lot of great contemporary authors; much by Proust; you've dabbled in Eliot and the likes, so why is it, that I feel as though your comments about them read as if they were a summary or review by someone other than yourself? Have you really read as much as you claim to have in your 20 years on this earth, or is it possible, good sir, that you are bullshitting a little?

Last edited:

Buddy Glass

Let's get this straight. You've read everything by Joyce; everything by a lot of great contemporary authors; much by Proust; you've dabbled in Eliot and the likes, so why is it, that I feel as though your comments about them read as if they were a summary or review by someone other than yourself? Have you really read as much as you claim to have in your 20 years on this earth, or is it possible, good sir, that you are bullshitting a little?

Haha, you people. What do you want me to say? No one else is saying a damn thing about any of these writers - why would I spend precious time discussing Proust with myself when all I get in response are insults or a post such as yours?

What exactly can I do to satisfy your concerns, mermaid?

And for the records - I don't dabble in anything. I read these writers with passion and interest.