Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Proposal of Doom (1 Viewer)

_Nyx_

Ack! I really need people's help!

I have dissertation proposal due in tomrrow (its not graded and nothing too huge) and I'm having trouble constructing it. This be the beast (all 89 words :lol: )

This dissertation will focus upon a broad sweeping view of the representation of liberated femininity within the discourse of science fantasy.
Its aims include the analysis of such imagery as true representation and whether or not embracing them is beneficial or detrimental to women who are looking to attain independence from patriarchal models of femininity.
Theses aims draw upon works from postmodern feminist perspectives such as those presented by Cixous and Irigaray. Underpinning these works and also the basis for the analysis will be Lacan’s work on feminine sexuality.

I'm happy with that at the moment, but I need to pad it out a bit more. I'm sure as hell I'd be better at this sort of thing if we'd actually been given guidance on it but I'm doing this from scratch and with virtually no experience under my belt.

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted :D

Nyx

mammamaia

all i can offer at the moment is that one cannot really 'focus upon' a 'broad, sweeping view' of anything... 'discuss' or 'examine' would work better and be possible...

_Nyx_

Thanks, that sounds much better :D

Still haven't thought of much else to say really ... i think I'm going to leave it at that for now and then see if I get inspired tonight or tomorrow before I hand it in.

Nyx