Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

profligacy of youth (one capitalised swear word) (1 Viewer)

petergrimes

profligacy of youth​ (one profanity)

sordid scrapyard
under arches
out of left window
on train into Wolvo

it's always been their
big white, badly daubed letters

SMILE YOU THIEVING BASTARDS
YOUR ON CAMERA

I look for my old friend
but it's gone

I realise right then
my childhood is over

age 36 and a month and a half

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
You do make some interesting poems. My favorite lines SMILE YOU BASTARDS-YOUR ON CAMERA AND I realize then my childhood is over---age 36

this piece gives off a nice melancholy feel- and the end is sad, in a funny sort of way. Things change and nothing will ever be the same- the child within realizes he's no longer a child but an adult- I was 60 when I realized I was no longer that kid who bought comics at the candy store... good job..

warmest
Bob