Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Precious (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

57ed3e01965e15edc03279a8de067281.jpg

J.h

2020Syd2020

Hello,

Visually I like the aesthetic a lot, it’s pared back, clean and crisp. I think these days we all need to think a little about how we present our work as visually that’s the first impression you make on the reader.

In terms of content and how the piece reads, I think you do well to create something that has cadence and a good flow to it, especially when you’re utilising short lines, no punctuation and relying on the line breaks for your pauses. I would say that I think you could create a piece with more rhythm by playing with lineation and length to give the piece more of a varied ebb and flow but that’s just personal preference.

In terms of content I’m a little confused, in parts it feels like the speaker is an adult yearning to escape the confines of their life, yet the denouement seems to imply that it’s actually a child dreaming. Perhaps I am wrong in my reading but for me it works better as an adult yearning to escape.

Cheers

Syd

Jk_Sl

Hello,

Visually I like the aesthetic a lot, it’s pared back, clean and crisp. I think these days we all need to think a little about how we present our work as visually that’s the first impression you make on the reader.

In terms of content and how the piece reads, I think you do well to create something that has cadence and a good flow to it, especially when you’re utilising short lines, no punctuation and relying on the line breaks for your pauses. I would say that I think you could create a piece with more rhythm by playing with lineation and length to give the piece more of a varied ebb and flow but that’s just personal preference.

In terms of content I’m a little confused, in parts it feels like the speaker is an adult yearning to escape the confines of their life, yet the denouement seems to imply that it’s actually a child dreaming. Perhaps I am wrong in my reading but for me it works better as an adult yearning to escape.

Cheers

Syd

Thank you very much Syd.
When I wrote it, it was an adult yearning to escape as you said, ie me.

Thank You [emoji120]