Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Posting in correct format (1 Viewer)

Short Tooth

How do I post a section of my script in here keeping it in Final Draft format? That's the software I use to write these things?

mammamaia

good for you!... i mentor lots of aspiring screenwriters and recommend fd as the best program for the serious writer...

however, i don't know if there is a way to post work and retain the format... you might try using the 'go advanced' option and then using the quote' option... i'll try it here with a piece and see what happens...

tried all the options [quote/code/html/php] and nothing worked... so, don't worry about formatting and just let readers of your post know that it's properly done in your version...

love and hugs, maia

Last edited:

Short Tooth

Much obliged to you mama. Good to see your font of wisdom being offered here too, I used to speak with you over at the IMDB boards. This place seems so much more professional.

mammamaia

hey, st!... glad to see you here, too... i've been posting here almost as long as over there... the problem is there are few here who are writing for the stage or screen...

love and hugs, m

Short Tooth

So I've noticed. But I think I may come to you often as I am very very serious about screenwriting. Although I'm in Britain, I know there is much I can learn from you. Having read much of your posts before you know what you're talking about, and your no nonsense approach is something I really appreciate.