Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Post the worst songs...ever! (1 Viewer)

mrmustard615

Music Guru
Retired Supervisor
Who wanted to run away when this fad hit the airwaves?

[video=youtube;zTunzYfU-uM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTunzYfU-uM[/video]

AAAGHHH!!!!

mrmustard615

Music Guru
Retired Supervisor
I hope to be posting a bad song per day, there are so many of them (Ugh!!)

But of all the millions of bad songs out there and with apologies to the Elton John hater whose name I won't mention:roll: this is undoubtedly the worst song ever made, not to mention the most hypocritical Enjoy. :listening_headphone

[video=youtube;5_EdzOSSDV0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_EdzOSSDV0[/video]

Once rebels as the Jefferson Airplane, they went the road of many hippies and joined sold out to corporate rock.

Favorite (NOT) line: Someone always playing corporation games. Perfect line from the kings of corporate rock. I hear that today that are taking positions for a short order cook.

dale

this isn't the worst SONG ever..but oh my god. this video just makes it horrible. this video is SOOOO gay...it makes me cringe. and i really like mick jagger and david bowie, individually. i think that's what makes me cringe about it the most.....

[video=youtube;9G4jnaznUoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ[/video]

Kevin

WF Veterans
Generations agree... my seventeen -year-old began describing that video once. "David Bowie? Is that the guy who made that one 'Dancing in the... Uhg! That's got to be the worst..."

mrmustard615

Music Guru
Retired Supervisor
Generations agree... my seventeen -year-old began describing that video once. "David Bowie? Is that the guy who made that one 'Dancing in the... Uhg! That's got to be the worst..."

Yeah. Being a big Bowie fan myself, this video pretty much ripped my heart out (Not to mention my lungs, liver, etc)

Kevin

WF Veterans
I was trying to explain to him that both of them were really good, and he couldn't accept it. "No way that either of those guys could ever be good. Dad, you're taste sucks...."

dale

Yeah. Being a big Bowie fan myself, this video pretty much ripped my heart out (Not to mention my lungs, liver, etc)

yeah. and just for the record for the more sensitive people here...when i said "SOOOO gay", that wasn't a homosexual slam or anything.
because i love the bowie song "oh, you pretty things" and i know what that's about. but yeah. i love old bowie and i'm a big stones fan.
i don't know what was in their heads getting together for this bit of trash. i'd have to assume money.

mrmustard615

Music Guru
Retired Supervisor
Sometimes a pile of good things becomes a pile. Remember "Band- Aid"?

Yep. And here it is.

[video=youtube;bjQzJAKxTrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQzJAKxTrE[/video]

And anyone who cares to post the American response, otherwise known as "We Are the World", Please feel free. :cower:

dale

And anyone who cares to post the American response, otherwise known as "We Are the World", Please feel free. :cower:

yeah. i remember them playing that hourly on Mtv. we all used to drink beer and make fun of it at 1st. but then after the 1st thousand times,
it ceased to be funny.

mrmustard615

Music Guru
Retired Supervisor
yeah. i remember them playing that hourly on Mtv. we all used to drink beer and make fun of it at 1st. but then after the 1st thousand times,
it ceased to be funny.

Oh I could go on and on about some of the garbage that came out of MTV in the eighties. Strangely enough that was far superior to the shows they have on that network now.

Stay tuned for another eighties classic tomorrow :pukel:

dale

lol. i'm gonna put this up because i have a story to this song. in the late 90s, i was an idiot. i mean, even much moreso than now.
so i was in the pen for a few years for "conspiracy to manufacture" (whatever the hell that means). so i'm in plainfield pen, kind of a big
pen. and so like they let us out of our cells every night to watch TV for a couple hours. about 100 idiots out in a TV room together.
so it's superbowl sunday, and they tell us for some reason we won't be allowed out to watch the superbowl. i can't remember why.
but anyway, the whole block erupts. idiots are yelling threats and obscenities at the guards out the food slots, throwing crap and trash
at the guards out the food slots. it's REALLY LOUD. but this nice black dude in the cell next to mine starts singing "we are the world. we are
the children. we are the ones that start a brighter day, so let's start givin....blah, blah". and i'm like...is this guy seriously over here singing
"we are the world' during this crap? and i'm laughing at it. next thing i know, the guards crack his cell and drag him out and cuff him and
take him to solitary. i'm like...oh my god. this place is in a near riot, people are throwing crap at you. yelling threats at you. yelling obscenities
at you. and the only person you take to the hole is the guy singing "we are the world"? ha ha. i went into hysterical giggles for HOURS over that.
i mean...it might not seem funny to anyone reading this, but it was hilarious to me that the guards considered that song being sung worse than
all the obscenities and threats and garbage being thrown at them....

[video=youtube;M9BNoNFKCBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread