Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Post Baby Picture of self with own caption or story (1 Viewer)

SilverMoon

WF Veterans

He just told me than when we grow up he's taking me to Paris

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bobo Did he ??- he seems to squirm a little :smile:

Yes he did! We're married now and are leaving next week to celebrate our 25th anniversary, He's squirming because I told him at the end of the trip I wanted to visit bobo in Southern France. :devilish:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BlondAverageReader You're thinking France, he's thinking Texas.

But he's not wearing a cowboy hat! Still having trouble getting him to remove that raccoon hat (that's why he's always hanging out by the garbage can at night). I will be traveling solo. Tail end of trip will be staying with you and Rob. :smiley_simmons:

Last edited:

Nellie

Yes he did! We're married now and are leaving next week to celebrate our 25th anniversary, He's squirming because I told him at the end of the trip I wanted to visit bobo in Southern France. :devilish:

But he's not wearing a cowboy hat! Still having trouble getting him to remove that raccoon hat (that's why he's always hanging out by the garbage can at night). I will be traveling solo. Tail end of trip will be staying with you and Rob. :smiley_simmons:

WAIT!! I'm coming with you..... tell what's-his-name he will need to stay behind.

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SilverMoon

WAIT!! I'm coming with you..... tell what's-his-name he will need to stay behind.

Great! Last note was that I was traveling solo. I don't think I would be good at that in another country. I get pretty lost in my own back yard as it is. And we must go to the Left Bank to hang out with the other writers! :thumbr:

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
"...a young man goes to Paris
as every young man should,
there's something in the air of France
that does a young man good,,,"

Jacques Brel (this is from memory, I think I've got the verse right:thumbr:)

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Midnightpoet
"...a young man goes to Paris
as every young man should,
there's something in the air of France
that does a young man good,,,"​

So Tony, does this mean you want to join us?!!! Let's get going! :eek:nthego:​

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
Sounds good, but a further verse "an old man goes to Paris as every old man must, he finds the winds blow cold and his dreams have turned to dust..."

I've read that Brel's original verses were much darker than the English translations. But hey, a virtual trip to Paris - strolling the left bank, having wine at a little outdoor café...Hmmm.

"I'm coming, dear"

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Midnightpoet I've read that Brel's original verses were much darker than the English translations. But hey, a virtual trip to Paris - strolling the left bank, having wine at a little outdoor café...Hmmm.

"I'm coming, dear"

Virtual it will be, darling. I can taste the wine now! But why am I in the corner while you are talking to two men.???? Oh, that's right. They're your business partners. ;)

Last edited:

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
Ah mon cher, as we sit in this sidewalk café I remember when you were a shy young French girl in La Resistance and I was an American spy. We used to meet at a small bookshop on the Ru La Fayette; and the night you lured the German officer into out trap. You were magnifique! And the night we hid in a hayloft in a small farm on a chilly night outside Nice. The next day the troops landed at Normandy...

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
Well I knew French girls didn't shave, figured you were just extra hairy...Really, that was seriously funny. I actually got the idea from the photo, as it had the look of the 1950's. I thought about ending it with him saying "Too bad we discovered," I said, pulling the Baretta from my coat, "that you were a German spy (phitt-phitt)"

Was that you sitting on the right? :icon_cheesygrin:

Users who are viewing this thread