Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Post Baby Picture of self with own caption or story (1 Viewer)

bobo

So-o-o you take Oscar on the head, as a syrop, JustRob ?? - (thanks for the explanation :))
I imagine he likes being the head-cat :)

Dave, that's a very cute little boy - not yet destroyed as the brothers.

JustRob

FoWF
WF Veterans
I think Oscar is kinda tame lookin', not anything Wilde.

Not even tame, just permanently vacant. Do cats get Alzheimer's? If so he's even forgotten that he's got it. Either he's incredibly laid back or just going through the motions. Ah, he's just got up ... turned round ... gone back to sleep. He spends a lot of his time with our neighbours. We're having trouble getting it into his head that he lives with us. He'll stay here in the winter though. They don't turn their central heating up enough for him. There must still be some activity inside his head then.

Nellie

Not even tame, just permanently vacant. Do cats get Alzheimer's? If so he's even forgotten that he's got it. Either he's incredibly laid back or just going through the motions. Ah, he's just got up ... turned round ... gone back to sleep. He spends a lot of his time with our neighbours. We're having trouble getting it into his head that he lives with us. He'll stay here in the winter though. They don't turn their central heating up enough for him. There must still be some activity inside his head then.

Cats are just LAZY. That's all!! Or maybe just scaredy CATS! We once had a cat that hid in our neighbor's basement for two weeks after Halloween one year. They have some illogical activity going on in their brains!

Sebald

Yeah Dave, I had two older sisters, so was very pleased that I wasn't involved in anything like that, as you may well imagine. No hand-me-downs either.

No, just after getting out of a glider, which I only flew for a couple of minutes, and then after my angel had done the same thing.

Okay then. How's this?

View attachment 19141
Our cat Oscar

View attachment 19142
My baby picture
(Artist's reconstruction)

P.S.
For any mystified foreigners, "syrup" is Cockney rhyming slang, "syrup of fig", so "wig".

But what does Oscar look like with the top of your head.

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
"Guess who just got back today
them wild-eyed boys that have been away"
By Thin Lizzy

Up until the wee hours of the morning. Coffee now by my side (just a few sips) and to my great surprise am WIDE AWAKE cause you boys.....
Rock the Cradle... and one in particular who is still raising hell despite living with an angel!

D
ave, I see you went dark and mysterious!
How do little blond boys turn out this way?
Did you shun the sun, busy in the highchair
working on your first novel? And you were
so adorable!

Wonky Pooh, my uncle is an Anglophile and
went to boarding school in England (true).I showed
him the top of your head and he remembers what went
inside there (apparently you never had hair)and has
a few things to say to you! He still sails around the world
and will be stopping at your port.

attachment.php

Terry D! I, too, was a lonely child. We could
have been twins in body and spirit. I confess.
The baby pictures I posted were not of me but
of my doppelganger (Cute but deceiving)
You do not want to see the real ME
:devilish:

Last edited:

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Terry D
Oops! The Boys are Back in Town was by Thin Lizzy, not The Boss

Hum? Never knew that (made the change - thanks). Now, off to YouTube to listen to the original!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread