Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Post Baby Picture of self with own caption or story (1 Viewer)

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sebald Silver, if a forum full of writers can't put you into words, that's really something.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Me LOL! Well, Jackson Pollack did. He painted a portrait of me.

This is a painting by Jackson Pollack. It took about a week's time. It's titled "Silver's Mind sans Drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bobo don't have much time for small-talk right now, but here's
My Inner Child - she's very secretive :smile:
Do with it what you want :smile:

Hugs to bobo's Beautiful Inner Child....

Last edited by a moderator:

bobo

This is a painting by Jackson Pollack. It took about a week's time. It's titled "Silver's Mind sans Drugs.

For once, something of Pollock's I like :)
It's great Silver, even you look a little complicated
:cheerful:
The color combination is harmonic
:encouragement:
Ta-ta

sas

WF Veterans
The dolls were called Kewpie Dolls. The one I remember from 40s & 50s were tiny. Usually won them by playing games at State Fair.

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sas Silver! Wow! Immortalized by Pollack! Do you have it? It is so lifelike! Smiles.

No, sas. I'm afraid I don't have the Pollack portrait. It's been hung in the Little Shop of Horrors for years now.

However, I dug through more photos last night and discovered I had a Kewpie doll, after all! I must have blocked it out from my memory. But at least I now know the origin of the root of all my problems! :topsy_turvy:

Addendum: This is not me holding a Kewpie Doll. I downloaded it from Experimental Photography.

Sebald, I am sooo sorry this photo reminded you of the movie "The Ring" where if a child holds this doll she's a gonner in 3 days. I'm here!

Last edited:

Nellie

Well, I don't know about "wiser" because it looks like you're talking on the telephone and there is no telephone! :shock:

Well..... I've always had a vivid imagination. There IS a phone.... one only sees what they want to see or hears what they want to hear! So:tongue:!!

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BlondeAverageReader In my pram, a rarity these days. Buckled in and put out in the back garden, must be where l caught the gardening bug! Cos I'm still out there.

So, lovely! This little child has inspired a poem

Sweat little Flower Child
Blonded by the Sun

Nothing mild about her Smile
She's every Flower in the Garden, Loved
................................................................................Your Friend

Last edited:

Sebald

. .Sweet little flower child
............................................Blonded by the morning sun.

............................................Nothing mild about her smile
............................................She's every flower in the garden, loved

..........................................................................................Your friend. Silver

Ah that's lovely.

Sebald

No, sas. I'm afraid I don't have the Pollack portrait. It's been hung in the Little Shop of Horrors for years now.

However, I dug through more photos last night and discovered I had a Kewpie doll, after all! I must have blocked it out from my memory. But at least I now know the origin of the root of all my problems! :topsy_turvy:

Addendum: This is not me holding a Kewpie Doll. I downloaded it from Experimental Photography.

Sebald, I am sooo sorry this photo reminded you of the movie "The Ring" where if a child holds this doll she's a gonner in 3 days. I'm here!

Ha ha that's alright.
Look at its curse-y expression, and stabbed-out eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread