Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Post a selfie! (1 Viewer)

Gyarachu

WF Veterans
the reveal...

Yeah but for all you know that could be a picture of anybody! Or maybe it's a painstakingly photo-shopped amalgamation of thousands of photos from around the web.

Maybe I'm a sociopath whose entire persona on here is a construct of various character traits ripped from the pool of everyone I've ever met and pieced together to form a deceptive yet believable whole.

Or maybe that's all we all are. :-k

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Hey thanks hammy, daniel. In the book the person who does it comes out with all sorts of strange, vaguely predictive stuff. His name is D. Sybil (The Sybil, get it?)

Rairice

but i'm real......or should i say my pics are really me? I guess, if i'm typing this, it implies i'm real?

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Olly Buckle I don't have a camera, then it suddenly occured to me, this is what I look like, except the beard is a bit whiter nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVvr9EHBDU

Olly! Waaay Cool. Your accent becomes your beard. Your beard becomes your accent. All in all, you're becoming.

SilverMoon

WF Veterans
That is my 'London' accent, this is my 'polite company' accent :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmWLLOfpGT0

Can you spot my friend Tom's clever edit ?

LOL LOL!!! Olly, this made my morning. Your proper "polite company accent" (with the dignified pauses) reciting your short story about toothpaste being administered in a syringe just made your absurdist humour more absurd (and I love absurdist humour!) Brilliant delivery. Played it twice then returned to "Nelson Garvey". A 180! Then played "Toothpaste" again. More LOLs. I did not notice Tom's edit so he must have done a splendid job. What did I miss?

I'm sending your links to a British friend of mine!

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
SilverMoon;2055291 I did not notice Tom's edit so he must have done a splendid job. What did I miss?[/QUOTE said:
He has made it zoom in very gradually all the way through, once you know you can see it adds quite an air of menace.

bobo

Olly, saw yor Toothpaste -video, and became totally mesmerized by the expressiveness of the wrinkles on your forehead - they seemed to tell a story of their own.
Fascinating
:witless:

Users who are viewing this thread