Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Poll: Prompt Voting for March 2021 (1 Viewer)

Prompt for March 2021

• An Old Man's Boot by a River

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • On the Last Day

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • When Father Came Home

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Message in a Bottle

• Now or Never

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The Way We Were

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Sleeping Giant

• A Holy Place

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
Oh boo - my suggestion was seconded but didn't make it. Never mind, there's always next month:)

velo

Retired Supervisor
The two options appear to be to recreate the poll or simply include BD's suggestion in next month's poll without a need to re-suggest/second it. The second is much less disruptive. ;)

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
The two options appear to be to recreate the poll or simply include BD's suggestion in next month's poll without a need to re-suggest/second it. The second is much less disruptive. ;)

Honestly, don't worry about it for now. Next month is fine:)

SueC

Staff member
Senior Mentor

I'll take door number 2 - I'll pass it along to Harper. Thanks, Velo.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
How long do you normally get to write a story for the competition? I'm still unsure whether I'll contribute because I'm concentrating hard on a certain voice and changing that voice mid story can sometimes make it difficult to find the original voice again. I'm hoping I can use the same voice for the short.

Phil Istine

WF Veterans
How long do you normally get to write a story for the competition? I'm still unsure whether I'll contribute because I'm concentrating hard on a certain voice and changing that voice mid story can sometimes make it difficult to find the original voice again. I'm hoping I can use the same voice for the short.

It's usually two weeks - from the first to the fifteenth of the month. Occasionally it varies slightly, so do check each time. Also, if you are on a tight deadline, take note of the time of day as well and which time zone.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
It's usually two weeks - from the first to the fifteenth of the month. Occasionally it varies slightly, so do check each time. Also, if you are on a tight deadline, take note of the time of day as well and which time zone.

Cheers. And are the number of words always the same?