Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Pleasure to meet you. (1 Viewer)

WEFerence

My name is William Ference, and it is of my utmost gratitude to meet you all.

I am a community college student who is working on being an English major, and have decided that it would be cool to start getting into writing books. Mostly into sci-fi and fantasy, but have no qualms against straying into psychological themes and all that. It's weird what college-level English classes do to your perception of books, isn't it? At any rate, we can chat in this thread if you so wish.

WEFerence

Welcome.
What sort of stories are you compelled to write?
One of them was going to be a hard-ish sci-fi story about first contact with ETI; probably will involve the Voyager and the Golden Record in some way. Also was thinking of a post-apocalyptic high fantasy story a la Sharanna or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
One of them was going to be a hard-ish sci-fi story about first contact with ETI; probably will involve the Voyager and the Golden Record in some way. Also was thinking of a post-apocalyptic high fantasy story a la Sharanna or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
Sounds interesting