Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Pleased to be here! (1 Viewer)

Hello, I have been one of those “lurk in the shadows” finally signed up and looking to be active. I’ve been writing for over a decade now for fun, but never published or even considered trying to be published.

The last year has been pretty tough, I spent most of it in lockdown and with a broken ankle. I’m here for motivation and tips, plus to meet some new folk with interesting stories to tell.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Jude and welcome to WF. We are a supportive group so perfect for people who are interested in becoming part of an active writing community rather than asking one-off questions then never to be seen again. :) You are welcome to share your work on our Fiction and/or Poetry Showcase offer feedback, and join discussions etc. Please pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

I can relate to the frustration and loneliness of lockdown as I had a total knee replacement operation in August and as I write this we are still in State of Emergency with no physical access to friends or family. It's been a long and lonely winter. I can honestly say, my creative spirit and online friends at WF have saved my sanity.

Do your prefer writing poetry or fiction?

druid12000

Welcome! :hi:

Yay, you finally took the plunge! The water's deep but it's warm and mostly shark-free :)

Seriously, I haven't seen a single shark since I joined.

There isn't even a shark emoji. What's up with that?

Anyway, have fun!

• Haha
Reactions: PiP

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hey Jude welcome

You know... he probably gets a lot of that... so don't let him down, or sing a sad song...

Welcome to the best writers community on the web (IMO). Lots of friendly folks with tons of experience. This is a great place to relax and discuss our passion - writing, in all its various forms.

Regarding the ankle - that's one of the few thing's I've not broken. As a martial artist though, I've sprained them more times than I can count, so you have my sympathies.