Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Plans after nano? (1 Viewer)

Drzava

What does everyone plan to do with their manuscript after revisions and such?

I'd like to read what was written, and if no one is serious about having it published, it may be cool to submit it to lulu or something and have a site where everyone else could see who finished, and what they wrote.

I'd volunteer to host and maintain it if this sounds like a good idea?

Kat

I think I'll have to wait and see what I pop out, doubt that I'd try and get it published though, just dont' have the time or energy right now. But if it's decent or so bad that it's funny I'll share.

valeca

Patron
Last year Lulu offered everyone who completed the 50k a free copy of their book. Shipping included.

As for mine, no clue. I'll have to wait to see what I churn out this time around. Are you participating, Drz? (If I missed you in the Team thread, my apologies).

Drzava

Yep, and I'm gonna kick ass. My mum's birthday is on the 18th, and I will have a research paper due Dec 5 (on my bday), so I need to get as much done as I can before things start to pick up.

I don't have any serious plans if I finish, and I figured most others were the same, so instead of just having a novel sitting around, perhaps we can have a WF exchange?

Hodge

pliable
I'm going to revise and revise and revise and then publish it. It's going to be a national #1 bestseller and will not only put me on the map, but will also spark a nationwide obsession with mythology (thanks to some recent crappy movies that many people seem to like, it shouldn't be that hard).

S

silverwriter

I have no idea as far as trying to get my writing published. I'm still wondering how I can escape the soul collection at the end of November.

Selorian

Patron
Silver, there isn't any way out, so the best thing to do is just prepare to let your soul go. :tongue:

As for me, I am going to be polishing up my story to send out to publishers. If I had chosen the other plot I had, I'm not sure what I would have been doing with it. I know this one is one I've had some plans for though and I'm going to use NaNo as a way to get the biggest part of the story done.

thamior

I honestly have no clue what i'm going to do, I guess it all depends on how my story works out, I dont forsee it getting published because it will most likely be fantasy, and while theres a consistent fan base for that, its not overly large, and I dont think i'll find a publisher for it.

Selorian

Patron
There is a huge fan base for fantasy out there, especially fresh, original fantasy. I know, myself, I search the bookstores for good fantasy books, but always give up when all I find is rip-offs (that word is crueler than I want it to be). If you write something fairly original with a new take, then I see no problem finding both a publisher and an audience.

Penelope

I'm not going to do a damn thing with it once I've finished. I've still got 2003's on the shelf even though I was encouraged by readers (I posted it chapter by chapter on my LitOrg blog) to do so. It just spanned too many years and age groups but I had a blast writing it. This one will be different. I think I will post it on my blog dashboard. Seems like a safe place for it - yes - no?

FredCQ777

I plan on finsishing my manuscript from last year some day \\:D/

I have not looked at it in a year. I remember it being quite insane. Maybe I will celebrate the new NANO by rereading my story on November 1st since I am not participating this year.

thamior

selorian72 said:
There is a huge fan base for fantasy out there, especially fresh, original fantasy. I know, myself, I search the bookstores for good fantasy books, but always give up when all I find is rip-offs (that word is crueler than I want it to be). If you write something fairly original with a new take, then I see no problem finding both a publisher and an audience.
does planeshifting through a high tech -> fantasy world sound original enough :)

Brightside

I don't know what i'll do with mine - planning it right now (yes, i have an idea, maybe even a plot...).Doubt i will try to get it published, so having somewhere for it to go after 'Hell-month' would be cool!

Indigo

If I finish it (fingers crossed) I might send it to a publisher if I'm feeling brave enough. ;)