Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Planning a 'Speech' To A Headmaster (1 Viewer)

T

the_maverick

At the end of Last half term I was suspended for voicing my views on a member referring to a pupil at our school as a 'monkey' (the pupil was african).

On Wednesday, I have a meeting with the Head to talk about everything and I want to use it to show my feelings on the subject of race etc.

I can't think really how to organise these thoughts, I am hoping to incorporate the fact our school has never had a teacher of an ethnic minority and has no inter-faith links - any help would be much appreciate!

-TM

mammamaia

sounds to me like you want to blame the school for your own lapse of judgement and good manners...

the fact that no minority teachers are on campus is no excuse for you knowing how to treat others, is it?... nor, do inter-faith links [whatever those are] enter into why you were rude and verbally abusive of another student, right?

instead of expounding on your own feelings on race [whatever they may be], shouldn't you just be delivering a nice, believable, sincere apology for your bad behavior?

T

the_maverick

I think you misunderstand what I mean.

The member of staff was the person who made the racial slur [an offensive remark based on ethinicity] not I.

Inter-faith links are links an establishment has with religions which do not form the core of that establishments community. In the UK this relates to having links with Islam, Buddhism and Sikhism etc.

I wish, when I see the Head, to point out that I believed the member of staff to be out of hand and perhaps tht the school is not as accomodating as it should be for the ethnic minorities.

mammamaia

sorry about that... the wording was a bit ambiguous... still, attacking the school's policies, while brave and perhaps justified, is not the best way to get yourself reinstated... i wish you well... hugs, maia