Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Piling up like laundry. (1 Viewer)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Here is a refresher from page one of this game for anyone just joining in! :)
A simile is not yellow with a mouth and two eyes; that is a smiley. :)
A simile is like a metaphor, but with the comparative word ‘like’ or ‘as’ added.

Put it another way, a metaphor is a simile without comparative words.
This is a simile thread.

‘Piling up like laundry’ is a simile I came across recently and thought, ‘nice’.
It is not one of those hackneyed, cliché, phrases Like ‘clean as a whistle’ or ‘as bright as a button.’
It is short and uncomplicated.
It is easily understood by almost everyone. Things to aim for.

So this is the game, I post a word and the next person decides whether to use ‘As’ or ‘like’, makes a simile using the word, and posts another word for the next person, simple, No?

BUT, remember this is not an exercise in remembering the ones used every day, MAKE UP SOMETHING.

New word for the next simile is...

cloudy

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
Certain as rain when you've just washed the car.
insouciant

melonchaly realization of murphys law or a catch 22...

Here is a refresher from page one of this game for anyone just joining in! :)
New word for the next simile is...

cloudy

cloudy like a summoned mist softening a catch-22-cattle-car-or-track-tie-reality to an insouciant galosh focal point.

emulative
;)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Thank goodness Foxy reminded us of this,
‘Piling up like laundry’ is a simile I came across recently and thought, ‘nice’.
It is not one of those hackneyed, cliché, phrases Like ‘clean as a whistle’ or ‘as bright as a button.’
It is short and uncomplicated.
It is easily understood by almost everyone. Things to aim for.
or where might you have gone xXx? :)

It is original and very you, but personally I wanted it to stop with a summoned mist. That raises so many unknowns, who, how, where, why? I now want to write a story with a summoned mist :)

However.

Emulative, like fiction and reality.

Next word 'Short'.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Integrate like a Scouse Muslim, a Brummie Hindu and a Cockney Sikh drinking tea at an interdenominational congress in a Swansea Methodist Hall.

Literal.

Users who are viewing this thread