Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Piers Anthony (1 Viewer)

J

joss

I love his work. The Xanth series in particular is absolutely pun-ny!

(pardon the lame joke)

J

joss

He writes a mix of science-fiction and fantasy with a totally humorous twist. I'd totally recommend it to any mercedes lackey fan

Dancer Preston

I'm reading Pet Peeve (yeah, about once a week, and in between my statistics book and social psych books) and I'm liking it a lot, even though if it's not the best example of literature. I would compare him to Terry Prachett--spec-fic with humor. Anyone read Firefly yet? I want to read that one so badly, but I can't find it...Is it out of print perhaps?

Anyway, I know this thread isn't for Mercedes Lackey, but would anyone reccommend her books to a Piers Anthony fan?

mswietek

I read his Incarnations of Immortality series, and am not sure why I went through them all. I found them to be poorly written and shallow. His attempts at humor were as unsuccessful as his attempts at seriousness. His female characters are such that I wonder if he has ever actually spoken to a real woman, or did he base them all them on the fantasies of teen age boys.

Michael

coral

I remember liking his books when I was a kid - like in elementary school, but haven't read anything by him since then. I don't think that he would be my style of reading right now though.