Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Phillip Pullman- His Dark Materials (1 Viewer)

BookwormA

I think these are superb books (I am more preferable to the first one- The Golden Compass). They are written for children but are really for adults. One of my adult friends, who's a neighbor, is a fan of Pullman as well, and he says that Pullman (as an Oxford University alumni) really knows his PARADISE LOST and WILLIAM BLAKE. I definately recommend the books.

A_MacLaren

I loved His Dark Materials (in Australia and Europe, the first book is called 'The Northern Lights'. We don't even have the northern lights in Australia. We have southern ones sometimes, I think).
The first book is the best, but The Amber Spyglass was just so damned sad. It was great.

blademasterzzz

Yea, I loved the three books too, they're my favourites. I don't really liked his other books, though... they weren't as original.

bobothegoat

It's been quite some years since I've read those books. I've been meaning to reread them for some time now... I loved those books when I read them.

wudstok77

I will have to pick these books up and read them, I checked out a few reviews and what's been written here and now they've become a must read

Iorek Brynison

The books are one of the best books ever written. Golden Compass and Subtle Knife are two of my most favourite books and Amber Spyglass is the best book I've read this year.

kitaria

Dark Materials.. one of the most amazing trilogies i have read...

out of this world, very well written, easy to read, but you can feel yourself being pulled into this imagined world...

lisajane

I think I have #2 and #3 still around here somewhere. But I never read #1, so that's probably why I gave up on #2. There's a book called Child X by Lee Weatherly in which the characters perform a stage version of Northern Lights.