Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Petiole: (1 Viewer)

dannyboy

Friends of WF
fading leaf grips with knowledge
the worst kind of hanging on
can see the future unfold
in deep green dreams
the wind whispers
you’ll come back, you’ll come back
it is always about the return

the earth thinks it ends
when the leaf touches down
but at night
as the saucepan catches all stories
stars hold the deeper understanding
eventually darkness will win

happy-hippie

fading leaf grips with knowledge
the worst kind of hanging on
can see the future unfold
in deep green dreams
the wind whispers
you’ll come back, you’ll come back
it is always about the return

the earth thinks it ends
but at night
stars hold the deeper understanding
eventually darkness will win
I feel like this poem leads you gently and tenderly to the inevitable(assuming I read it correctly...still finding my way around this stuff). **I had to look up Petiole**

dannyboy

Friends of WF
wherever it leads, I'm happy with that. I have my intention but my words trigger your responses so sometimes there are two poems, the poet's and the reader's. And thank you for the feedback.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
the earth thinks it ends
but at night
The whole poem has this tension to it with the falling leaf and the language is lovely then suddenly a saucepan catching the stories, that was the little humble fantasy thing that just took this to the next level for me when I read it. Mysterious and whimsical and quiet.

Gorgeous.

2020Syd2020

Hello,

I love this idea of the saucepan catching the story. For me and it’s something that’s prevalent through a lot of your work, I feel like this is a nod to the idea of oral history, it’s almost as if the saucepan is sat in a kitchen while a family or group of friends is sat nearby telling this story. For me it speaks of the idea that even an object even as innocuous as a saucepan can have a story and a meaning that goes well beyond their purpose.

Cheers

Syd

dannyboy

Friends of WF
Thanks Syd, here in the southern hemisphere the part of the sky that makes up Orion's belt has always been referred to (why the colonists, not the indigenous peoples) as the saucepan and its probably the best known collection of stars in our night sky.

ritudimrinautiyal

wherever it leads, I'm happy with that. I have my intention but my words trigger your responses so sometimes there are two poems, the poet's and the reader's. And thank you for the feedback.

Sometimes there are two poems.... one of poet's one of reader's.. words tend to make them both dance in their tunes, appealing differently, to both.

Thanks