Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Personality Test (please take the test and post the results) (1 Viewer)

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans

Mediator (INFP) Weaknesses​

• Unrealistic – Nothing in this world is perfect – and that can be a difficult truth for Mediators to accept. People with this personality type can be hopeless romantics, with rose-colored visions of what their lives should be like. This can set Mediators up for disappointment when reality inevitably falls short of their dreams.
  • Self-Isolating – Mediators long to connect with others, but they don’t always know how. Especially in new environments, Mediators may be reluctant to put themselves out there in ways that would help them make new friends or become involved in a new community. As a result, people with this personality type may sometimes feel lonely or isolated.
  • Unfocused – Mediators’ imaginative, introspective nature doesn’t always lend itself to productivity. Many Mediators get frustrated by how difficult they find it to buckle down and get things done. The problem isn’t that they are incapable – rather, it’s that they run into problems when they become so caught up in different ideas and ideals that they fail to commit to a course of action.
  • Emotionally Vulnerable – The emotional attunement of these personalities is among their greatest strengths. But unless Mediators establish boundaries, they can be at risk of absorbing other people’s negative moods or attitudes.
  • Desperate to Please – Conflict tends to be stressful for Mediators, who yearn for harmony and acceptance. When someone dislikes or disapproves of them, these personalities may become fixated on trying to clear the air and change that person’s mind. Unfortunately, Mediators’ desire to please others can drain their energy, eclipsing their inner wisdom and their awareness of their own needs.
  • Self-Critical – Mediators believe in their unique potential, and they desperately want to live up to it. But this can cause them to have unrealistic expectations for themselves. When Mediators fail to live up to these visions, they may accuse themselves of being useless or selfish or woefully inadequate. Taken too far, this self-criticism can discourage Mediators, leading them to give up on even their dearest dreams.

Take a personality test and report the results here when you have the time. I am mostly interested in the personality type and strengths and weaknesses.

Your Results

Mediator
INFP-T
Diplomat
Constant Improvement
18%

82%
EXTRAVERTED
INTROVERTED
63%

37%
INTUITIVE
OBSERVANT
44%

56%
THINKING
FEELING
17%

83%
JUDGING
PROSPECTING
24%

76%
ASSERTIVE
TURBULENT

Darkkin

WF Veterans
I've done these tests a dozen times over the years and mine never changes.

I'm an INFJ - A.

The advocate.

This is hardwired in with the spectrum of my ASD. I've always ranked in the upper 90th precentile of introversion, which is a bit extreme, but makes perfect sense given my brain.

Last edited:

Mark Twain't

Staff member
Board Moderator
DEFENDER

ISFJ-T

36%
EXTRAVERTED
INTROVERTED
64%

41%
INTUITIVE
OBSERVANT
59%

37%
THINKING
FEELING
63%

61%
JUDGING
PROSPECTING
39%

40%
ASSERTIVE
TURBULENT
60%

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Thanks to those so far who have posted their test results. It's ok if some of us don't want to take the tests. It takes a decent amount of time. A real fact about my family is that both my brothers were diplomats. My father was a diplomat for a period of time as well. I looked this up in Myer Briggs. It says psychology or psychiatry should be my career. I agree with that assumption. I will also mention my mom was a secretary for the embassy of a country in the United States.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
I'm an architect: INTJ-T

As one of the rarest personality types – and one of the most capable – Architects (INTJs) know this all too well. Rational and quick-witted, Architects may struggle to find people who can keep up with their nonstop analysis of everything around them.

Hello, fellow INTJer! I have taken the test twice at work and both times a strong INTJ. There are so few of us around. Totally relate to the analytical thing...I finally found my comfort as an auditor in the last half of my career.

Do you think it will help us with our writing?

Last edited:

Irwin

Hello, fellow INTJer! I have taken the test twice at work and both times a strong INTJ. There are so few of us around. Totally relate to the analytical thing...I finally found my comfort as an auditor in the last half of my career.

Do you think it will help us with our writing?
I just read the full description of what it means to be an INTJer, and it describes me pretty accurately.

I worked as a software engineer for over 20 years and the most frustrating part of that career was working on big projects where people got ahead due to their ability to network and through nepotism rather than their ability to contribute to the success of the project. They were basically salespeople masquerading as engineers.

As far as our personality type "helping" with our writing, it probably steers our writing style towards certain genres. Or perhaps away from certain genres is more accurate. I'm never going to write a fantasy novel where trees can magically transform into animals — where anything under the sun is possible. I have no interest in that kind of thing.

My current novel is about FBI agents investigating a string of murders committed using modern technology, and it's something that could happen and probably will happen eventually, which scares the hell out of me! Society, as bad as it is right now, could be a hell of a lot worse!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
The thing I don't understand about my own type is that I don't feel like mediator or diplomat. Maybe my personality type points to that but my past screwed it up? It's confusing.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
The thing I don't understand about my own type is that I don't feel like mediator or diplomat. Maybe my personality type points to that but my past screwed it up? It's confusing.
I've actually seen you mediate quite well on the forum. To me, you come across as a natural diplomat. :)

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
INFP-T
Diplomat
Turbulent
Constant Improvement

Mind 55% Introverted

Energy 56% Intuitive

Nature 53% Feeling

Tactics 67% Prospecting

Identity 63% Turbulent

Damn, I wanted to be a Ninja. Oh well, maybe in my next life...

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I sort of think diplomats need some empathy in order to do their jobs. My brothers when talking in front of me mention history, the economy., human rights issues. Human rights issues are what they needed to talk about in Geneva, Switzerland most recently. That country is considered one of the most neutral powers in all of Europe (and perhaps the world) regarding different positions or viewpoints regarding different policies. For example, the policies regarding tourism and how to handle it. Granting the rights, security, and protection of citizens. Not to mention a sensitive issue such as not allowing children to serve in the military when they need to go to school. Countries make agreements on such issues so there is no repetition of history. You don't want children working in some of these countries before going to school. Poverty continues to be a strong issue and so does inequality in all its shapes and forms. I am no expert, but this is what I have heard from them talking and sometimes asking questions.

So basically by not ruining the lives of people by making these agreements on things they need to work on. By securing the important policies, countries have in their own they try to make agreements. My brother buys a lot of history books and that helps him do his job better. It helps to contest border disputes. His library is full of historical biographies in some cases.

They supposedly bargain to get things by creating a strong relationship between countries. My youngest brother works in Germany. They played the anthem of my country and had a conversation or dialogue of keeping relations strong between both countries.

You are protecting people's rights who choose to live, travel, in another country for instance. The adulteration of alcohol can be a problem in some worlds in the world stage.

@bazz cargo: at least you have the same personality type Shakespeare supposedly was profiled as having. Thanks for taking the test.

TheChristianWitness

Your personality type is:
Advocate
INFJ-T

Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
36% EXTRAVERTED INTROVERTED 64%

Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
54% INTUITIVE OBSERVANT 46%

Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
37% THINKING FEELING 63%

Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
72% JUDGING PROSPECTING 28%

Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
46% ASSERTIVE TURBULENT 54%

TheChristianWitness

Your personality type is:
Advocate
INFJ-T

Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
36% EXTRAVERTED INTROVERTED 64%

Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
54% INTUITIVE OBSERVANT 46%

Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
37% THINKING FEELING 63%

Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
72% JUDGING PROSPECTING 28%

Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
46% ASSERTIVE TURBULENT 54%
I personally believe this means very little, but it is interesting.