Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Perfect for a writers colony (1 Viewer)

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
The Old Village of Lawers, currently for sale in Scotland, comes with some baggage. In addition to its centuries-old ruins, the property purportedly comes with the ghost of a seer whose famous for her accurate predictions. If this sounds like your dream listing, the historic village can be yours for $173,000, CNBC reports.

Sounds perfect for a writers retreat, doesn't it?

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Scotland is a beautiful country, my wife and I spent a few days there back in the late 80's. We ate Haggis one night and liked it. Good stuff, looks kinda weird coming out of the kitchen though.

SueC

Staff member
Senior Mentor
I am nearly 100% Irish, with Scottish and Welsh mixed in for color, and would love to buy that writer's retreat. I'd invite you all! We'd have writing discussions with wine in the evenings and fall asleep where we sat, waking fresh and ready to write those tucked away novels and then share our progress as the next evening descends. Sounds like heaven to me. Let's go!