Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Perchance To Dream -- Michael A. Stackpole (1 Viewer)

LensmanZ313

Perchance To Dream is Michael A. Stackpole's first short story collection, some sixteen stories. His Merlin Bloodstone and Purgatory Station/Qian Commonwealth tales aren't included in the book, and his Star Wars stories and some of his gamer-related fiction are also excluded. His wry, action-packed cyberpunk tale, "Let Me Call You Sweetheart," is about an Alcohol Tobacco and Confections agent battling a ring evil chocolate smugglers. "Peer Review" is Stackpole's take on Batman and The Shadow and tells of the Revenant's mission to rescue two children and his clash with the superheroes guarding one of them.

There are a lot of gems in this collection. Five Star, a press out of Maine, did a masterful work on the book itself. Great cover, depicting Alexa, heroine of the title story and a character from his Dragoncrown War trilogy. It's pricey, at nearly $30 bucks--but, damn. it's worth every penny.

www.stormwolf.com

LensmanZ313

And who knows if Shakespeare wrote it himself or got it from his friend, Kit Marlowe . . . ?

I know this: Read Shakespeare, read Stackpole. You'll be entertained, I promise you . . . .