Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Pearls, fake pearls?? (1 Viewer)

cozwry

I have often wondered, how far do authors walk, how much do publishers complain? I know an authors job, is to be a Han Solo of sorts, where a hobbyist knows one word can wreck it all. A publishing house is all over it, and they are a bit like the chipmunks, all together, but who gets the A? What if an A, were an assured thing? It’s like Alvin, Simon and Theodore looked up Han Solo in the phone book, but realised, that no one has land lines anymore, but satellite phones. I’m at a logger heads, but I have realised, that one snowflake has caused an avalanche. Can anyone explain this to me?

Last edited:

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
I'm not sure I can help you, as I have not published any fiction to date. However, I am intrigued by your question. I think it is similar to a question that I have rattling around in my head. In a time when Justin Bieber can be discovered on Youtube, and the Kardashians can build a multi-billion-dollar fashion empire without ever offering products in a retail store, is the traditional world of distribution changing?

Is the imbalance of power between creators and producers, i.e., writers and publishers shifting? Am I anywhere close?

But I'm still stuck on the snowflake analogy. :)

Last edited: