Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Pawnism (1 Viewer)

MiloDaePesdan

When you become analytical for your own good? :) Though Clancism might be mistaken as a Tom Clancy fanboy thread or an 'ub3r-clan of g4m3r5' thread.

Milo

k3ng

Then they'll have to switch to ClancyBoyism which sounds like some child molesting cult.. no offence...

I bet some -isms would look nice..

boboism... bobism.. bobothegoatism..

bobothegoat

Okay, so maybe I only posted this thread because I... sort of copied the other two threads. But really, this alone has proven Pawn deserves an "-ism" thread. I mean, has Hodge given us something as amazing as that?

I didn't think so.

PaPa

I take it that Pawnism is the science of taking absolutely no interest for long periods of time, then returning and making a few posts and possibly changing the forum organisation slightly before disappearing once again?

B

Baron

I take it that Pawnism is the science of taking absolutely no interest for long periods of time, then returning and making a few posts and possibly changing the forum organisation slightly before disappearing once again?

Isn't it good to know that there are some constants in this life?

bobothegoat

Isn't it good to know that there are some constants in this life?

Yes.

Another reassuring constant is the fact that Farror is always around. If Farror wasn't here, I think we'd have to declare that this is no longer WritingForums. No pressure though, Farror.

Also, Nickie introducing all the new members will probably continue on well past the foreseeable future.

We can also expect that a thread will be necro'd like this from time to time, but I think this is an excellent thread started by one of these forums most awesome and humble members ever. Therefor, this particular instance of thread necromancy gets my full approval.

B

Baron

Yes.

Another reassuring constant is the fact that Farror is always around. If Farror wasn't here, I think we'd have to declare that this is no longer WritingForums. No pressure though, Farror.

Also, Nickie introducing all the new members will probably continue on well past the foreseeable future.

We can also expect that a thread will be necro'd like this from time to time, but I think this is an excellent thread started by one of these forums most awesome and humble members ever. Therefor, this particular instance of thread necromancy gets my full approval.

Chrispian is around again as well.

Of course you were far too humble to mention that this very thread was started by a well versed practitioner of Pawnism (as defined by PaPa).

The Backward OX

WF Veterans
Which reminds me: does anyone know why the middle ball in a pawnbroker's symbol hangs lower than the other two balls?

2717058021_6dbbeae06d_z.jpg