Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Paulo Coelho - you a fan? (1 Viewer)

Walkio

On Monday, I read Paulo Coelho's best seller 'The Alchemist'. It wasn't a traditional, fast paced favourite of mine, though it certainly got me thinking. I suppose a book that you can read in a day is either really short, or really good. I suppose 'The Alchemist' is both to be fair. Have any of you read his books - there's about 6 of them. And, are you a fan?

Walker Pierce

I've only read the Alchemist. I must agree it was different from my normal pace, although it was still enjoyable. I wouldn't say I'm a fan...as of yet. I am going to look into him though.

Wilderness

I baught a book by him, The Zahir, and was really excited to read it, but I read really really bad reviews on him one forums and a lot of people hated his work so it really put me off!!

Lani

Walkio

I'm put off. I liked THe Alchemist, but I'm reading Eleven Minutes, and it just glamourises prostitution, says stupid things like 'sex is the only thing that can make you happy' and 'it's better to be unhappy and rich than happy and poor'. I could have shredded the book as soon as I read that. And if I was a Brazilian girl, I'd have thought prostitution was a good option by the way Coelho talks about it.