Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Oryx and Crake (1 Viewer)

mandax

I just finished reading the novel Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood and loved it. Maybe it's because my favorite genre is dystopia, but I thought the book was very well-written. It kept me turning the pages, that's for sure. The plot left you thinking, as well, and not only was it thought-provoking, but it had twists and turns that left me wanting more.

What did you think of the book?

quarterscot

Yes, I'm going to go along with the praise. A truly staggering account not just of the destruction of civilisation but of the creation of myths and legends. Atwood is wonderful when writing realistic novels and perhaps even better when doing sci-fi (Handmaid's Tale, er, rocked too). And she just seems to be getting better over time.

dedhorse

Didn't think it was all that great. Jonathan Lethem has handled the themes of dystopia, alienation, and myth building better in Amnesia Moon and Girl in Landscape.

Thought it was a step back from her other recent novels, Blind Assassin and Alias Grace, which I loved.