Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Ordering Books via Amazon .com v .uk etc (1 Viewer)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
I always order my Kindle books via Amazon.co.uk. I just found a book I was looking for but when I tried to order it was only available on Amazon.com so if I've understood correctly I can't order unless I set up another account (which I'm not prepared to do). Does it cost authors more to list on both sites? I ask because whenever we order Amazon book deals of the day are available on both.

Limiting your books to .com could this potentially discourage UK readers?

Last edited:

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
When I publish, the last screen gives me the option of which international sites to include the book on. They're all checked by default and I leave them that way. It costs nothing to publish and have your book listed on any Amazon site.

Steve_Rivers

As a UK resident, I just get asked to click a box if I want to exclude it from any territories. I click no and it gets sent up to all amazon .whatever sites.

You can choose how much you wish to list your book for at each individual version of Amazon, and the cut is always the same. So if you're buying it from amazon.com and the author listed their book from another country, then you know he/she listed the price themselves and is getting the same percentage of the royalties as they do from all the other sites they listed at. Same goes for if you're buying from an amazon that you aren't native to. It all gets currency converted from the country it was bought in.

But yeah, Amazon makes it so easy to list your book in other countries I cant personally understand why you wouldn't, but I imagine someone has a good reason.

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
Be aware that books ordered from a Kindle store other than the one you originally bought your Kindle plus books, will result in it not being compatible.
I know this, because I ordered my Kindle in the US and am unable to add books from the UK to it. Or use UK gift cards to buy books in the US. They won't accept them.