Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Opinions, opinions (1 Viewer)

Y

youdontknowme

Opinionated people are arrogant jerks. Constantly telling everyone what they think. They don't even bother to listen to what someone else has to say. Somehow, their opinions are oh-so-special. Somehow, their choices in matters of taste are infinitely better than everybody else's. Whatever they say is supposed to carry more weight than a wrecking ball.

However, I believe in de gustibus non est disputandum - matters of taste are not to be disputed. Especially when it comes to Coke-or-Pepsi dilemmas. Prejudice and bias are terrible faults. Both are devoid of reason and logic. After all, we should all learn torespect everybody, their opinions too, and try everything at least once. Society would be that much closer to Thomas More's Utopia. Damn those opinionated jerks and their inflated craniums. Why can't they be more like me?

That's just what I think.