Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Opening Line Prompts (2 Viewers)

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
His brother and sister tried to find their way home walking the forest trail. He then heard a pack of wolves, and he took off in the Eskimo sledge.

Or maybe:
He, and his brother, and sister walked home, and then he took off in the sledge after he heard a pack of wolves.

Selorian

Patron
- The straight and narrow was never a route I cared for.

- My shadow lunged at me, attempting to take back what I had stolen from it.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Pushing, shoving, and begging did nothing to stop the stream of corn from the hole I'd knocked in the silo, it was a nightmare of corn abrading my palms and rushing over my legs.

Selorian

Patron
- Feet are evil things. They take us where we want to go, but they also lead us to places we should never be.

Riptide

WF Veterans
I sold my soul for cookies, but they were chocolate chip and so very worth it.

"I remember the curfew, mom. I'm already home," Riley said, knee deep in a swamp several miles from home.

We built the North Side brick by brick. We ain't use the fake shit, either, that's the real stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread