Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Open-Forum Short Story Project: Brainstorming (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking Aloud

As summer quickly approaches, we young writers have reason to celebrate. No more school, no more waking up at x o'clock in the morning, and most importantly no more excuses on why we can't sit down and bang out three pages of that masterpiece that we've mothballed for the past six months. For you older folk with, you know, actual jobs and responsibilities, my deepest condolences.

At any rate, with a plethora of free time quickly barreling my way, I had decided to start a small, interactive, open-forum short story project on my YouTube channel, whereupon I quickly ran into two problems. One: My relatively small following didn't exactly yield a torrent of responses, and Two: I realized that YouTube is about as useful for finding committed, passionate writers brimming with original ideas as a toothpick is for defending yourself from a very angry bear.

And so I journeyed to the strange world of Writing Forums filled with strange creatures with strange ideas in search of allies to help me combat the evil forces of boredom and mental atrophy. Who's willing to take up arms?

About the project:
-The Open-Forum format is such that multiple writers would all be working together to write one story, the many minds hopefully expediating and enhancing the process.
-Major discussion as to the direction of the story, nature of the characters, themes, tone, symbols, what have you will take place on this forum.

I'm happy to work with anybody on this project, so if you're interested just let me know. The first step to any short story process is brainstorming ideas.

Looking forward to working with you, and happy writing!
-Troy

Last edited by a moderator:

GonneLights

This is already like, a thing. It's called roleplaying. This forum has a roleplaying section. I've done collaborative stories in interactive 'roleplay' style on Google Documents.

Thinking Aloud

Oh thanks for clarifying that to me. I shall mosey my way over there then.

Still trying to figure out how things on this forum work,
-Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.