Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Ooops (1 Viewer)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Missed a kerb this morning and went headlong into the middle of the road, dislocating my right arm.Spent the afternoon at the hospital. Don't expect me to do much of this onefinger left hand typing ;)

Mark Twain't

Staff member
Board Moderator
Missed a kerb this morning and went headlong into the middle of the road, dislocating my right arm.Spent the afternoon at the hospital. Don't expect me to do much of this onefinger left hand typing ;)
Ouch, hope it heals quickly.

One finger left hand typing is all I can do. ;)

sigmadog

Staff member
Media Manager
Did something similar a few weeks ago…

Setting out in the morning to take the dogs for a walk, and I'm stepping off our porch.

We have three rough-cut granite steps (meaning the fronts of the steps are rough, the tops are smooth).

As I step, I'm watching my dog walk ahead of me to see if he's limping, as he just had knee surgery.

I miss the first step and plummet face-first to the walkway, getting my hands up just in time to protect my face from going "Splat" onto the pavers.

Laying there for a moment doing the mental check: "Ankles? Check. Knees? Check. Etc." All the while the dogs are standing by me, sniffing my head, trying to figure out the new game we're playing.

I slowly raise myself up and stagger on with an abbreviated walk on a slight limp. Nothing hurt but my pride.

Hope it all goes well for you. Remember in the end, gravity ALWAYS wins.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Olly, you get a free pass on capitalization. Dislocation had to have been super painful, hope physio goes well.

Sigma, that last step can be a bummer, I did almost the same thing years ago off of one small easy step while I was talking with someone, just didn't realize it was there. No fun at all. And aren't dogs just super helpful? LOL

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Did something similar a few weeks ago…

Setting out in the morning to take the dogs for a walk, and I'm stepping off our porch.

We have three rough-cut granite steps (meaning the fronts of the steps are rough, the tops are smooth).

As I step, I'm watching my dog walk ahead of me to see if he's limping, as he just had knee surgery.

I miss the first step and plummet face-first to the walkway, getting my hands up just in time to protect my face from going "Splat" onto the pavers.

Laying there for a moment doing the mental check: "Ankles? Check. Knees? Check. Etc." All the while the dogs are standing by me, sniffing my head, trying to figure out the new game we're playing.

I slowly raise myself up and stagger on with an abbreviated walk on a slight limp. Nothing hurt but my pride.

Hope it all goes well for you. Remember in the end, gravity ALWAYS wins.
Lucky. That's a classic double wrist break.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
, that's just what i thought i had done, except i sprawled right into the middle of battle high street. luckily i had left myself plenty of room as i couldnt get up and out of the way. the passanger in the first car got out and helped me to the side.
hey, i can tell people i was injured in battle :)

Bloggsworth

WF Veterans

Sorry to hear that old bean, get well soon, nix the golf for a while.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
i dont play golf, but there is a tree stump i wanted to take a pickaxe to and a bird table post that needs a few whacks with a sledhammer. at the moment i am having trouble keeping the greenhouse watered and planting out a few pea seedlings.

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Oh Olly! That's scary. Good to hear you are on the mend and thankful there was a helpful person to get you up and over to the side of the road. I've done my share of these types of things. We have a little two-step stool that we use to go in and out of a shed and it gets slippery when wet. I've hit the grass a few times on that score.

Irwin

Damn! That sounds painful! Get well soon!

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
just went and voted, you would think an x would be easy enough with the left hand, it's not :) i thought i was getting quite dexterous with it, but that looked sinister.

TuesdayEve

Friends of WF
Oooh jeez Olly, hope your shoulder heals quickly and correctly. Maybe you could dictate? I’m terrible at it, and if you asked my phone, she would agree.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Trying too hard, overdid the exercises a bit and have a sore arm, but overall things are improving. There is one exercise of sliding your arm up the wall and I have been marking how high I go, each day is a little bit higher. To quote Thomas the tank engine "I can and I will, I can and I will". :)