Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

One laptop and its idiot... (1 Viewer)

V

vivalabaz

Introduction... Hmm

Well, I'm 19 from Manchester, England... sort of.

People generally think I'm a natural 'artist'. Not in the paintbrush and canvas sense... but I play bass guitar so Im quite musical and I've written some poems and some songs/lyrics.

Other than persuing a career in teaching Psychology my biggest ambition is to write a novel... despite how much confussion I'm in about what to write about at the moment haha :scratch:

I've write writing maybe 2 or 3 but nothing ever gotten past the 1000 word mark... I'm not entirely sure why.

I'd love to write some sort of comedy... but I'm paranoid of the idea that a comedic novel has to be funny... else its crap. No in between.

So I hope you more experienced writers/posters can channel me in the right direction towards achieving my ambition. :grin:

V

vivalabaz

Maybe I didnt word that particularly well.

I don't want to write a punchline... I feel I've got it in me to write something less serious.

I love Terry Pratchett and the Discworld series and the pure silliness of them.

V

vivalabaz

Probably more in the realms of Guide to the Galaxy.

Either way I enjoy reading a story that can make me laugh more than anything whether it be satirical or just plain silliness. Its that kind of book I intend to create.

Voodoo

You shouldn't...

You're only 19.
You don't know what the fuck you want to write- you admited as much- and that's a good thing.

I was 14, wanted to write a novel.
Bah. A year later, and I doubt I'll ever try.

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hi there, and welcome to Writing Forums. Just follow your instincts; most of the time they lead you the way to better things.

Nickie