Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Oh, uh, hello! (1 Viewer)

A

A G Moore

I guess it was a bit silly of me to write this before reading any of the other posts, but I decided to go ahead and jump right in. Or WRITE in, ohoho. Ouch. Ignore that one.

Hello. My name is Abby! And I like to... write. Yes, shocking, I know. Blows me out of the water each and every time. I have other hobbies, too! Could you imagine? I love theatre, singing, reading, and just generally learning as much as I possibly can.

With that, I might add that I'm a historical fiction sort. I don't have that much of a God-complex against those that write in the nowadays, but I tend to creep far, far away from teenage drama and angst. (Even if I am, in fact, a teenager.) I'm also not that fond of the supernatural. I like my humans to be of a generally tan(ish) color, with two eyes, two ears, tulips (oh!), etc.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a ham.

Not long-winded, though. Oh, no, God forbid. Yes, I should probably end this now.

Ta!

A

A G Moore

Many thanks, sir! I must say that I am terrible shades of excited over this.

Shinn

Heh, I like writing historical fiction too, mostly set during World War Two, like my unfinished Bomber Command novel, "Through The Gate".

A

A G Moore

I find it hard to write in any other genre these days. I just love the research element so much, since I have a bit of an obsession with learning new things. I've cast aside many-a near-novels, one of them being "We are Noble," a story based in Ancient Rome.

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hi there, Abby, and welcome to the forum! I also write historical fiction, you know that type of book like The Three Musketeers. Always situated in the past, with lots of action and adventure, and romance of course.

Nickie