Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

of trimming and todo list (1 Viewer)

kunox

I got to do something abouut my todo list. not not that I don't love having one but I may be paralysis by how massive it is. really nothing I can do other than start deleting todos. It's like dropping beloved projects because keeping them all means I do none of them... and I cannot delegate or back burner.. there is only one course of action that is meaningful here.. any thoughts.

Lawless

I had exactly that problem for a long time. I sometimes thought that if there were 240 hours in a day rather than 24, then maybe I would have time to do all the things I really, really wanted to do.

Then I started going to work 5 days a week and my girlfriend moved in with me, and as a result there wasn't REALLY any time for practically anything. And I learned to my amazement how many things there were that I actually could live without doing.

I guess this ever-expanding to-do-lists thing has to do with the way our brains work (yours and mine, I mean). We just have to learn to prioritize. A is more important than B, so I'll do A. If there's still time for B, I'll do it, and if there isn't, well, I made the best use of the time I had because A was more important than B.

It's like the choice whether you want to pay your electricity bill or buy food when you don't have enough money for both. It's tough but you have to decide which one of the two is more important to you.