Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Odd Couples. (1 Viewer)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
A while ago I posted a thread 'He was the sort of man that...' . It did get some interesting responses, but gradually dwindled. Thinking about it I thought it might have been a bit flat, what it needs is some contrast, a bit of conflict, so how about a new version; Odd Couples.

He was the sort of person who liked rough oatcakes, occasionally with a bit of cheese even.

She was the sort of person who liked whipped cream with meringue, all froth and sugar.

See what I mean? describe both partners in the relationship, any relationship.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Nice try, Bazz, but the thread has sat here for a bit, how about making it one where you respond by providing the second partner and then give your own first, so:-

'She was the sort to wear a white blouse in the summer and a navy cardigan in the winter'

and you go 'He was ...' and describe her partner before inventing a new character for the next person to provide a partner for.

So go on
'She was the sort to wear a white blouse in the summer and a navy cardigan in the winter.'

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
'She was the sort to wear a white blouse in the summer and a navy cardigan in the winter.'

"He was the sort to wear socks with his sandals in the summer and cowboy boots in the winter."

She was the sort to only gossip among friends.

Last edited:

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Nice one, Deb. Welcome to the forum.

She was the sort to only gossip among friends.
Prompt from post 4.

He never gossiped, just chatted with his mates over a pint.

Next:

He was assertive and decisive, some might have said loud mouthed...

Users who are viewing this thread