Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Now and Then (1 Viewer)

Torus34

I knew Greenwich Village in the mid-50's. It was a different time -- a different world from my todays, seen through different eyes. [Ed.: Torus has had lens replacement surgery for cataracts. ;-)] I prefer working in rhyme and meter. It requires that I take every word and make sure it fits properly, shoulders its weight, does its thing.

Now and Then

I look back on my Village days
so filled with life -- the many ways
we used to revel! Swords of light
arrayed against the dark of night.

Yes, we were quite another kind:
bright Knights and Ladies of the mind.
Bring on the World! Its equal, we
would conquer all that we could see.

But now my world’s grown rather thin.
I rest. I take my medicine
when it is time. My Lady sits
across the room. She hums. She knits.

Last edited:

ritudimrinautiyal

I knew Greenwich Village in the mid-50's. It was a different time -- a different world from my todays, seen through different eyes. [Ed.: Torus has had lens replacement surgery for cataracts. ;-)] I prefer working in rhyme and meter. It requires that I take every word and make sure it fits properly, shoulders its weight, does its thing.

Now and Then

I look back on my Village days
so filled with life -- the many ways
we used to revel! Swords of light
arrayed against the dark of night.

Yes, we were quite another kind:
bright Knights and Ladies of the mind.
Bring on the World! Its equal, we
would conquer all that we could see.

But now my world’s grown rather thin.
I rest. I take my medicine
when it is time. My Lady sits
across the room. She hums. She knits.
So sweet. Such a lovely poem. I hope you don't mind I am smiling while reading it.

Ritu

Torus34

@dannyboy & ritudimrinautiyal:

Hi! And thank you for your kind words. Part of my prose writing 'style', if one can call it that, is an imaginary editor peering over my shoulder. He comments on this and that, but his main interest is reminding me that I'm no one special. He keeps me honest.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.